The 3-year-old was taken to a Columbus hospital after hot wax spilled on his body.
A three-year-old child was hospitalized after suffering burns from hot wax, Monday afternoon. Chillicothe Police were called to a Lillie Street residence where a distraught 29-year-old Jamil Woodruff said his son, Jakavion, had knocked over a candle that was sitting on a warmer, and, as a result, hot wax spilled on the child's right shoulder and back, which had begun to blister.
The child was taken to Adena Medical Center but was later flown to Children's Hospital.
While officers believe the incident was accidental, the case was forwarded to Children's Services for review.